Site Secured by WorldPay
Super Storm Dragon - 1/10th scale 2wd off road buggy kit (Hornet chassis)
Part No: TAM47438
Stock Level: 1
This R/C model assembly kit creates a buggy inspired by the star vehicle of a 1980s Japanese R/C comic. The body was sold in 1989 as a spare body parts set, but this is the first time it has been made available in a kit with a chassis. It is based upon the proven rear-wheel drive chassis employed by the legendary Hornet. Pre-cut and pre-painted in white, all that is required to finish the body is the application of stickers. The driver figure can be painted in whatever style you wish.
Tough and Fun Chassis
The model's lightweight and durable chassis is based around a bathtub-type frame. It features front swing-axle suspension with friction dampers, while the rear is cushioned by a rolling rigid axle setup and oil dampers for excellent shock absorption. The differential is enclosed in a sealed gearbox to ensure that dust and dirt stay outside, allowing it to continue providing smooth cornering. Three-piece wheels give the car authentic buggy looks, with grooved front tires and rear spike tires guaranteeing superb performance on- and off-road.
- The slimline polycarbonate body features stylish extended rear fenders inspired by dragon wings.
- The Super Storm Dragon front suspension employs a simple yet highly effective swing axle setup.
- Assembly type three-piece wheels are paired with grooved tires to give the buggy excellent performance.
- The longitudinally-positioned battery pack is accessed via a hatch on the underside of the chassis.
- At the rear of the car, a rolling rigid suspension design is combined with oil dampers.
- Superior grip comes courtesy of the spiked tires employed on the rear of the model.
- Length: 410mm, Width: 130mm, Height: 230mm
- Wheelbase: 251mm
- Ground Clearance: 16mm
- Tread: 172mm (Front), 185mm (Rear)
- Tire Width/Diameter: 21/73mm (Front), 49/86mm (Rear)
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 3-Bevel Differential
- 2-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- Suspension: Front swing axle & Rear rolling rigid
- Gear Ratio = 8.2:1
- Type 540 Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) is sold separately.
Separately Required Items
- 2-channel R/C system w/ESC
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
- Battery pack & charger