Site Secured by WorldPay
Fighting Buggy 2014 (Super Champ) - 1/10th scale 2wd off road buggy kit - Limited Edition
Part No: TAM47304
Stock Level: -
Tamiya is delighted to welcome the Fighting Buggy back to its product line-up with this re-release version of the 1982 R/C buggy classic.. For a limited time only, it is back as a special re-release celebrating 30-plus years after it originally made its debut in the model world.
The re-release kit begins with a new name, which is the same as that used by the original Japanese release of the R/C model. While it features a variety of tweaks and upgrades, Tamiya's designers made sure to retain the drivability, appearance and characteristics of the original.
A Highly Satisfying Off-Road Experience
The original 2mm-thick FRP and duralumin chassis plate is replaced with a new 2.5mm-thick FRP plate, finished in black like the 1.5mm-thick mechanism deck. The model can be powered by the separately sold Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size), which will fit neatly underneath the mechanism deck. Afficionados of the original model will note that the die cast arms remain the same on the 2014 version, while the separate reserve tank is still used on the rear suspension, which otherwise receives a number of new parts. A sealed direct drive gear case also houses the motor and protects it from dust and dirt. Stability is provided by ribbed front tires, and the rear gives excellent grip thanks to tires with tread patterns that extend to the sidewalls. 3-piece wheels are used both front and rear.
- The classic body of the original is reproduced in durable ABS resin with an aluminium roof panel with wing.
- Newly-designed stickers retain many of the themes of the classic model while also adding some new motifs.
- New lightweight and durable 2.5mm thick FRP chassis plate.
- Newly-designed parts recreate original transverse damper rear suspension setup with progressive spring and separate oil reserve tank.
- Front suspension is double trailing arm type.
- Front/rear suspension arms are die-cast.
- Employs durable die-cast sealed gear case with direct drive setup, which also houses the motor.
- Ribbed front and rear spike tires. They are fitted securely to 3-piece wheels.
- Comes in nostalgic blister pack style packaging.
Required to Complete:
- RC 2-channel Surface Frequency Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Battery Pack
- Battery Charger (peak detection charger recommended)
- Electronic Speed Control
- TS Paint for the Body
- Recommended: Tools for Assembly