Site Secured by WorldPay
Top Cat "Classic" - vintage re-release 2wd off road buggy replica kit
Part No: K178
Stock Level: 1
The TOPCAT Classic is an authentic replica of the iconic TOP CAT which revolutionised 2WD buggy racing in the late 80’s.
With a couple of small updates for LiPo fitment and durability, the TOP CAT Classic uses many of the original mouldings, and incorporates all of the innovative features such as laydown front shocks with crashback system.
The TOP CAT won the 1989 EFRA European Championships with Jamie Booth, and started a long line of successful Schumacher 2WD buggies, which are still winning races today.
The TOP CAT Classic is perfect for historic buggy racing or as memorabilia from the golden age of electric buggy racing.
- High quality alloy chassis.
- Efficient kevlar drive belts.
- 14 ball, ball differential, invented by Cecil Schumacher in 1978.
- Unique alloy coil over oil filled laydown front shock absorbers.
- Front double wishbone suspension with massive travel.
- Huge steering lock to handle the tightest tracks.
- Front ‘O’ ring ‘crashback’ system to minimise front end crash damage.
- Tough polycarbonate bodyshell to keep out the dirt.
- Original Schumacher tyres included.
- Accepts period NiMh batteries or modern shorty LiPos.
- Accepts brushed or brushless motors. (Maximum 17.5T limit with kit transmission)
- Transmission upgrade available to handle modern high powered motors, and create a class leading buggy for historic RC racing.