Site Secured by WorldPay
PR SB401-R - competition spec 4wd off road buggy kit
PR racing have been hard at work developing the next generation of the successful SB401 platform and have made the SB401-R faster, quieter and easier to maintain and tune.
Some key components have been totally redesigned to produce a better handling and more forgiving car to drive. The main focus has been on the all new narrow 2mm 7075-T6 chassis and plastic side-pods which utilizes a carbon fibre re-enforced spine to control torsional and longitudinal flex. The additional flex has proved to increase grip, and make the car feel more balanced and easier to drive leading to faster, more consistent laps.
It hasn’t ended with just the chassis update, PR Racing have developed lots of new parts to be released on this car, as well as including some nice option parts too!
- Hard anodised 2mm 7075-T6 Narrow chassis with side-pods
- Plastic/carbon chassis spine with CNC alloy bulkheads to attach to gearboxes
- Alloy/Carbon floating servo mount
- Improved weight distribution with motor and slipper 10mm further forward
- Type R Body
- New stronger/quieter pinions and ring gears
- New vented slipper assembly with ultra-hard shafts and cups for long life
- Top loading slipper/centre diff mount for easy access
- Longer diff cups to allow for more droop
Suspension and Steering
- Type R shocks
- Lower towers for ultra-low CofG
- Suspension hangers with inserts for toe and anti-squat adjustment
- Improved steering feel with revised Ackerman geometry
- New shock seal caps and seals for ultra-smooth operation.
- 11 Degree CNC caster blocks
- CNC alloy rear hubs
- Gullwing rear wishbones
- Hard front wishbones
- New shorter grey ball-cups
- New high tensile steel turnbuckles