Site Secured by WorldPay
8IGHT-E 4.0 - 1/8th scale electric 4wd buggy kit
The 8IGHT-E 3.0 buggy introduced a completely redesigned chassis specifically engineered for electric power. The 8IGHT-E 4.0 buggy builds on this proven platform with updates to the suspension geometry and drivetrain layout that make it easier to drive and even tougher to beat.
Revised Suspension Geometry
New suspension geometry makes it easier for drivers of all experience levels to turn faster lap times with fewer mistakes, particularly during brutal, hour-long mains.
Variable Motor and Centre Differential Angles
Two different centre plates for the bottom of the chassis are included. The stock centre plate puts the motor and differential directly in line with the chassis. The optional centre plate rotates the motor and differential 4.4 degrees, creating equal angles between the front-centre and rear-centre dog bones. This provides more balanced power to the front and rear of the car under acceleration.
Dual Battery and ESC Locations
The chassis offers two locations for the battery and ESC. With the battery in the forward location and the ESC in the rear of the car, the vehicle has more forward weight bias which improves stability on high-speed tracks. Moving the ESC forward and the battery to the rear mounting location provides a rear weight bias that increases corner speed and makes handling more agile.
Large Bearing Spindles and Hubs
Front spindles and rear hubs have been revised to accept a larger 8 x 16 x 5 outer bearing for increased durability.
Adjustable Caster Blocks
The adjustable, 15-degree caster blocks make it possible to tune dog bone plunge by changing the height of the spindle.
New Bleeder Shock Caps and Seals
The new bleeder shock caps and internal seals allow for easier rebuilds while using an emulsion shock setup. New bushings that press into the shock cap further improve durability.
Driveshaft and Dog Bone Boots
Moulded rubber boots on the CVAs and centre drivetrain dog bones increase U- joint life by holding lubrication in and keeping dirt out.
Redesigned Shock Towers
The machined aluminium shock towers have new camber link and shock location holes that give racers more tuning options for changing track conditions.
The cab-forward body moves aerodynamic pressure further forward on the car, which improves steering.
- Durable 4mm hard-anodised 7075 T-6 aluminium chassis
- Improved suspension geometry
- Variable motor and centre differential angles
- Dual battery and ESC locations
- Large-bearing spindles and hubs
- 15° caster blocks with adjustable spindle height
- Aluminium shock caps with threaded bleeder holes
- Moulded driveshaft and dog bone boots
- Aluminium shock towers with updated camber link and shock location holes
- Cab-forward body
Needed to complete
- 1/8-Scale Brushless Motor
- 1/8-Scale Electronic Speed Control
- 1.0 Module Pitch Pinion Gear
- (1) 4S LiPo Battery Pack or (2) 2S LiPo Battery Packs
- 2 to 3 Channel Radio System
- Polycarbonate -Compatible Paint
- Modeling Tools
- 1/8 Scale Off-road Buggy Tyres and Inserts